Published: Friday, 09 January 2015 14:40
3rd Gr-Row 1: Konner L., Landon W., Abigail B., Alissa D., David A. (NP: Katie J.)
4th Gr-Row 2: Emily S., Cassidy E., Conner A., Cassidy L., Nyla S. (NP: Emma H.)
5th Gr-Row 3: Conner M., Laynee R., Moody Claire M., Eli R., Jaidyn D., Khalid M. (NP: Kade C.)
Published: Thursday, 18 December 2014 13:40
Poplarville Upper Elementary Conservation Club's October meeting consisted of the students learning about litter and its consequences. The students had to read scenarios about litter problems, develop a solution to the problems, and determine consequences that will help to keep people from continuing the particular behavior. The students created posters about each scenario, and then presented them to the members of the club.
Published: Wednesday, 17 December 2014 20:35
The Poplarville Upper Elementary Conservation Club conducted its annual Nature Day Friday, October 31, 2014. The fifth grade students enjoyed presentations from the following speakers who were located along the Poplarville Upper Elementary's Nature Trail.
1. Mr. Butch Bailey, Forestry Extension Associate, Mississippi State University
2. Mr. Alex Shook, County Extension Agent AG/4-H
3. Dr. Eddie Smith, Extension Agent, Mississippi State University
3. Dr. Ed Jackson, USM Archeology
4. Jessica Eaves, MS Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
5. Dr. Blair Sampson, Research Entomologist, United States Department of Agriculture
6. Dr. John Grant, Retired PRCC Instructor and Dean brought his telescope and showed the students Sun Spots in a safe way.
7. Carla Girrard, Pearl River County Spay and Neuter Program
8. Ms. Ashlyn Brock, Anti-litter Coordinator, MS Department of Transportation
9. Ryan Merritt, Poplarville Upper Elementary teacher/coach talked to the students about turkey hunting.
The Poplarville Career Development Center Culinary Arts Class prepared the speakers' lunch. The Pearl River County Soil and Water Conservation District provided funds for lunch. The Mississippi Army National Guard cleaned the trail for the Nature Day.
Published: Monday, 08 December 2014 15:27
3rd Grade Row 1: Caleb C., Jace S., Preston S., Anna S., Coby T., Jacey W.
4th Grade Row 2: Krysten F., Lexi S., Gavin H., Ethan L., Aiden B., Evan C. (Not Pictured-Aaron B.)
5th Grade Row 3: Collin M., Dudley L., Siniyah R., Maya C., Alexis W., Sarah R.