- Published: Friday, 16 December 2016 15:04
The Poplarville Upper Elementary serves students grades 3rd through 5th. The campus is located at #1 Todd Circle, Poplarville, MS 39470. You can reach PUE at (voice) (601) 795-8303 or (fax) (601) 795-3104.
Principal: Lynn Payne.
Assistant Principal: Hilda Harwell
The Poplarville Upper Elementary Conservation Club’s November meeting consisted of the students learning about the impact that litter has on our Earth. Ms. Sharon Sanders, the club sponsor, talked with them about everyday litter problems. The members were then divided into groups and given a littering scenario in which they would discuss the hazard to determine possible solutions and consequences. They drew pictures and/or wrote about their scenario and then presented their information to the other members of the group.
On Friday, November 18th, PUE students celebrated Grandparents’ Day by performing for them. The students were so excited to be able to dress up in their nice clothes, make gifts for their grandparents, and perform for them. The PUE gym was packed as each grade performed. This picture includes Ms. Sanders’ and Mrs. Farmer’s 4th grade students ready and excited to perform!
Attention PUE Families!
Encouraging reading is one of the most important things we can do to help your child succeed. It can be tough finding the right books to keep them interested, which is why I am so excited that our library will be participating in Scholastic Reading Club this school year.
With Scholastic Reading Club:
• Every book you buy earns FREE Books for our library
• You can choose from handpicked, grade- and reading-level-specific books for your child
• You'll find the best values on a variety of formats
Each month, you can
• VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
• ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code LYVLM
• SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books and value packs
• SUBMIT your order and payment online and earn FREE Books for our library
• All book orders will be shipped to our library and delivered to your child.
This month’s deadline to order is November 7, 2016.